We are grateful for the recent conclusion of the Easter Term, where we both gained successes and experienced challenges. The Board of Management, staff and students thank you for your unwavering support and we look forward to continuing this partnership in the upcoming Summer Term.
In reflecting on the past term, the following highlights are noteworthy.
- Our School’s Challenge Quiz Team made it to the quarter finals of the competition this year. We express profound congratulations to the members of the team (Jordaine Salmon, Joash Salmon, Druu Simpson-Mckenzie, Lianno Williams, Akeem Miller and Donald Robinson), Coach Kayodi Drake, as well as other persons who contributed significantly to this commendable
- Sports: After two years of inactivity on the sporting scene, Munro College participated in a number of activities this term.
[i] Football: Our U-16 Football Team made it to the second round of that competition. Congratulations are also in order for Coach Jackie Walters and his team for their tremendous work.
[ii] Cricket: We commend the Headley Cup Cricket Team for their effort in this year’s competition. Although the team did not advance to the finals, they did their best. Thanks to coach Mr. Tedroy Bromfield and his team for their hard work.
[iii] Athletics: At the Western Championship held on Saturday, March 5, 2022, a team of 20 students represented the school. Of note were the following performances:
- Liam Elliott – 3rd in Class 1 Discus
- Javontae Smith – 1st in Class 3 Discus
- Devonte Edwards – 3rd in Class 2 Discus, and 4th in Class 2 Shot Putt
- Brian Dobson – 5th in Class 3 Discus, 5th in Class 3 High Jump, and 5th in Class 3 Long Jump.
Thanks to Coach Omar Bryan and his team for their commendable effort.
3. Senior Prom 2022: On Saturday, April 2, 2022, the Fifth (5th) and Sixth (6th) Form students of Munro College and Hampton School partied together for the first time since the pandemic started two years ago. It was an enjoyable experience for the students.
- Congratulations are in order for the members of the new PTA Executive: They are:
- President: Mr. Cohan Baker
- 1st Vice-President: Mr. Howard Hendriks
- 2nd Vice-President:Ms. Natalie Pennicott
- Secretary: Ms. Karen Strachan
- Treasurer: Mr. Russell Hammond
- P.R.O: Mrs. Stacey-Ann Wilson
- Asst. P.R.O.: Dr. Lennox Rowe
- Boarders will return to school after the Easter Holidays on Sunday, April 24, 2022 between 2:00 p.m. and 5: 30 p.m. Classes will begin face-to-face for all students on Monday, April 25, 2022. (Please see the emailed Calendar of Events – Term 3)
- By now all school fees should have been paid. Parents of boarders are to check Renweb to see their account balance as the system has been adjusted to reflect the boarding fee for Term three.
Reminder: You can pay your school fee and boarding fee using (1) the Renweb’s Honorepay, or (2) at a Lasco Financial Services outlet. If you choose to the traditional method of paying at NCB (Acc. # 891008449), then proof of payment must be uploaded and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should also be retained for submission when school reopens.
- ALL school rules MUST be adhered to as any violation of these will result in the corresponding sanction being taken against those students who commit infractions. Again, we encourage you to counsel your sons about their dress/uniform, hair, speech and their general behaviour and deportment. The school will take a zero-tolerance approach to unkempt hair or high hair with faded sides. (Hair must be low cut and be on one level.)
- Only Sixth Form students are allowed to bring phones to school. Phones must never be seen in the possession of students from Forms 1 – 5; otherwise, they will be confiscated. The only devices allowed for classes are tablets and laptops.
- No student is to leave the campus without permission from the administration. Parents who wish their sons/wards to leave school outside of designated times must make the request in writing at least twenty-four hours (24) prior to the date. This request is to be accompanied by a photo ID. The person making the request should also be listed as a person of contact on the student’s file.
UPCOMING ACTIVITIES TO REMEMBER
- External Assessment: CXC CAPE and CSEC Examinations begin on May 2 and end June 10, 2022. Please encourage your sons/wards to prepare thoroughly for these examinations.
- Half Term: This mid-term break will be observed from May 19 – 23, 2022. Students will leave at the end of the school day on Wednesday, May 18, 2022. Boarders will return to school on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 between 2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Full school will resume on Wednesday May 25, 2022.
- Internal Examinations: The End of Year Examinations for Forms 1 – 4 will begin on Monday June 20, 2022 and end on July 1, 2022.
- Valedictory Service is scheduled for Friday, July 8, 2022. This ceremony is significant for our Fifth Formers and Upper Sixth Formers to mark the culmination of their years of study. More details will be communicated in a separate newsletter.
We wish for you and yours all the best as we look forward to welcoming our students for the Summer Term.